Once we finally arrived in Colorado, I found out how cool the Denver airport is. They have a train that takes you from each terminal to the baggage claim. It was a good start to our vacation, since I enjoy riding trains and such. As we waited for his parents to come and pick us up, I had a lady asking for borrow my cell phone to call her ride. I figured she wouldn't take too long, so I let her, but after her ride picked up, Lee's parents showed up and we had to explain that we had to wait for me to get my cell phone back.
After what seemed like a long and sleepy ride, we arrived at his house. They were so kind to make sure that we were fed and all set up before they went to bed. Lee showed me around a little before bed, but I was exhausted, so we didn't stay up to long.
The next day, Lee and I went out for our free steak dinner. There was a brother in the ward who had bet Lee that his little sister Maura would get married before him and that whoever was married first would get a free steak dinner from him. So that night, he took us out to eat. Lee decided to try the buffalo steak that they had there and I took a few bites from him. It was really good. All the food was.
The following Tuesday, we had our open house that Lee's mom had set up for us. It was nice to see all the old friends and families from Lee's upbringing. Everyone was so kind and friendly and we even got a few late wedding gifts. That night, Maura also got Mom to let us open a gift or two. Maura made me the cutest sketchbook and I'm so excited to get to use it. Christmas morning was also great. I slept in later than I normally do on Christmas. I got a wonderful set of markers and colored pencils to use in my art. I just have to learn how to use them. Lee got a pair of slippers that he loves to wear around the house. He loves to keep the carpet clean, so we never wear shoes in the house, but being in Utah, our feet get cold sometimes, so it's very nice that he can have a pair of slippers strictly for inside use. One of the other really nice items we got was a haircutting kit. Mom showed me how to cut Lee's hair, so now he won't have to go to a barber ever again, which will save a lot of money.
Luckily, our flight home was quick and had to hold ups. We were able to be picked up by one of our home teachers, which is nice because the roads were bad and he had a big car that could handle bad roads.
Sorry I don't have any pictures. I forgot to pull out my camera while we were there, but I do have a few from the airport that I might upload later.
Yeah! Pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment