Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

This year marks our second year together on the 4th of July, but our first one married!

At church I'm part of the Relief Society Enrichment Committee and part of that is that I now run the once-a-month craft group. With the 4th of July coming up, I wanted to theme the Craft Group around that.


This is the flag that we made at craft group. If you're interested in making one, here's the site I found it at.
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11666

Day of 4th of July

Our morning started early. At about 9:00 we met up with Tiffany & family and went to the main road right by our house for a parade that was going to go by. We found some grass space and sat on a blanket and watched the different trucks, cars, and floats go past.


Brad was so nice to take a picture of us. I don't get enough of ourselves.

Weston really enjoyed the parade. Everything that went by, he would point and laugh. His favorite part was watching the helicopters that kept flying over us.

He also really enjoyed sitting on Brad's shoulders. When a marching band would pass, he would start drumming his hands on Brad's neck.

Bennett of course was still a little too young to enjoy any of it, so he just slept through as much as he could.

After the parade, we went home to relax for a little bit out of the sun. Then we met up with Tiffany & family again at the park. There we had hot dogs, and watermelon and other fun summer snacks. The whole time, Landon kept wanted to throw the water balloons. Once he finally was able to, it was non-stop laughter as he attempted to get Brad wet. Weston also tried to join in, but couldn't quite get the grasp of holding the watergun and pulling the trigger, but he still enjoyed pointing it at Landon and Brad. Luckily, Landon left Lee, Tiffany, and I alone.

While at the park, we were also going to fly our new kite we had just purchased, but unfortunately, when we opened it, it was missing a very crucial pole. We still had fun drawing on the sidewalk with chalk and going to the playground. I wish I had remembered to get some pictures at the park.

After we were finished eating, we went back home to put stuff away, then relax and watch Ghostbusters while Lee played Rune Factory on the DS. We spent the rest of the day lounging at home, playing games and taking naps. Once it got dark, we went outside to watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks from our lawn. They weren't as close as last year, but we could still see and hear fine. Once those fireworks were over, we set our own off. There wasn't much, a few sparklers, fountains and glow-worms. All in all, it was a good 4th of July and I enjoyed being able to spend every minute with my wonderful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment