Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easter Fun!

(Warning: Lots of pictures!)
I not completely sure, but I was totally excited for this Easter. Maybe it's because I had a fun lesson planned for my Primary class, maybe it's because Ty was older and understood better what to do. I don't know, but I was so excited and I really enjoyed Easter.

Our first chance to celebrate was the Saturday before. Our housing held a party with an egg hunt, a visit from the Easter Bunny, and a petting zoo! Ty did really well with the egg hunt once we explained it to him and then demonstrated. The hard part was getting him to stop when his basket couldn't hold anymore eggs. He'd put one in, which made one fall out, then he'd have to go get that one and put it back in, and continued this cycle until I sneakily took a couple from his basket to hold.
 
We then walked to the next room where they take the empty eggs and hand you candy for the eggs you found. There was a limit of ten eggs per kid, so everyone got an equal amount of candy. They had coloring pages set out, but Ty just enjoyed taking the crayons and lining them up on the table. He did do a few scribbles though.


 When the Easter Bunny was finally open, we went and got a pictures. Unfortunately, Ty isn't a fan of looking at the camera. He just wanted to play with the carrot.
Since we had errands to run, we were planning on leaving, but we happened to see the people setting up the petting zoo. The best part was that the other kids hadn't come outside yet, so Ty got time alone with the animals for a bit.
(Blogspot still isn't able to upload my videos for some reason, so if it bothers you that it cuts off the right side you can always watch on Youtube.)




 Once everyone else came out, we left and Ty was not happy

After running errands, we decorated our eggs. Lee's mom had given us the plastic shrink wrap stuff to put on which was nice since Ty couldn't make a mess with those. It was so easy. I put out the different choices, let him pick, then had him help hold the blow dryer while we blew on the eggs. Ty thought they were cool and loved looking and playing with them. I had to put them away pretty quick though because he was banging them on the table.


I also found time to whip out a quick easy craft decoration. We went to Home Depot for some reason I can't remember now, but while we were there I picked up some Easter color paint swatches and made this cute little decor.
So easy to make, but I also found that they're easy to break too.

Easter Sunday
Our day started with our usual morning church. I really loved the special musical numbers that they had. I also had a lot of fun teaching my little kids in class about the true meaning of Easter. Of course, they are smart kids and already knew that, but it is so moving to hear them talk so confidently about the gospel and it really helps to strengthen my testimony to hear them talk about Jesus with such reassurance.

After church we went home and Ty looked at what the Easter Bunny had left in his basket while Lee and I prepped the sides we were taking over to Lee's parents' house. They were so nice to have us over for Easter dinner and let us use their back yard for an egg hunt. It's always great to spend time with family on holidays.
  Great Grandma Westmyer was so kind to send Ty a small coloring book with the rabbits from Bambi. It matched perfect with the book that Gram Gram got him.
When we got to Gram Gram and Grandpa's, we finished making our dishes and I snuck outside to play Easter Bunny for Ty. I never realized how fun it can be to find creative hiding places for eggs. It helps that there was such a lovely and fun backyard and garden with fun decorations. We finished dinner and I gave Ty his basket and he was ready to go.
 







 Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Lot's of great pics and videos! I love when the bunny pops up surprises Ty trying to get his attention back on him! It's so cute too how Ty has kept the little girl and Mario with the little school bus together! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete