Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

With Lee's school schedule we knew he'd be at class for the whole evening on Thursday, so we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day early. Wednesday morning we exchanged some gifts. Lee had to work on homework for a part of the day so that he'd be able to spend the evening with me. Around 4 we headed to Loveland to have dinner at PFChangs. It was a lovely dinner and Ty even behaved for most of it. He only got upset when Lee accidentally spilled his water and the waitress took his coloring because it was soaking wet. They brought him a new one and he was happy again. If you're wondering why we took Ty, it's because we didn't think to set up a babysitter and the people I would have been okay asking last minute were out of town.

After dinner we went a few stores down to See's. We got a free sample and bought a few lollipops. Then we headed to downtown Loveland to meet up with some gaming friends. They had just told us a few days before that they always meet on Wednesdays at 5:30 and since we had already planned on being in Loveland we stopped by. We didn't plan to stay long, but Ty had fallen asleep in the short ride over there and we were having fun. Ty did end up waking up and around 8 it was obvious that he needed to get home and go to bed. Unfortunately we were almost home when he tummy decided it wanted to be empty. Once home, Lee quickly got Ty in the bath while I got to clean out the car-seat.

As for Today, Lee and Ty haven't been feeling well, so Lee stayed home from school, but still needed to get work done. I spent time playing with Ty and on my portable games while Lee locked himself in the room and did his best to get stuff done. I also gave Ty and Lee their gifts that I forgot to give yesterday. Ty loved his tiny box of chocolates and his red heart balloon. For dinner tonight I wanted to do something special. We've been enjoying homemade pizza lately so I went with this....
  Heart-shaped pizza! (Also, yes, Ty is still rocking his Christmas pjs!)
 I like mine dark.

I enjoy our simple holidays. Happy Valentine's to all the wonderful family and friends in our lives! We love you all and wish you the best!

1 comment:

  1. Awh what a sweet Valentines Days you had! So sorry about Ty getting carsick on the way home though :( It was great to see you all on Skype today too! Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete