Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

We don't normally do much for Mother's Day, other than I get to be extra lazy and just enjoy myself. This year though I was in charge of the Nursery at church. I really wanted the mothers of the children got a sweet handmade gift from the kids. I had decided on a craft months in advance and they came out so cute! I traced each kids hand on a piece of construction paper, the color of their choosing. Then we let each kid color their handprints. Then we cut out the hands, rolled the fingers outward and rolled the palm inward, taped it to a green pipe cleaner, added a leaf and had a beautiful flower for the moms. Of course my son would choose the white paper and want to color it with a black crayon. Even with the lack of bright colors his flower for me turned out so cute and I love that it's his handprint.





1 comment: