Sunday, May 13, 2018

Chicago Trip

One of my friends from high school was getting married and I just had to go visit with my friends! It also worked out to be like a 10 year high school reunion for me. I got to see almost everyone I cared to (missed you Nicole!) and hang out at some of my favorite places!
Getting to Chicago was a little bit of an adventure. I'm glad I had planned to get in a day early because my flight ended up canceled and I had to wait around the airport for 6 hours. Luckily I had a good book and a full phone battery. This was my first time going on a  trip by myself and my first time renting a car. It was fun to be independent, but I also wished I had Lee with me at times.
May 10th was Jackie's wedding and it was so fun! Thanks to pregnancy, I cried a ton during the ceremony! I knew I was going to cry, but it was amplified. During dinner and the reception I got to sit next to my friends and chat! It was just like old times!
 
 
 
The next day I had no plans except to visit my old house and hang with friends. It was kind of weird seeing our old house. If it weren't for the brick mailbox I might not have found it. I didn't recognize it, but that might be because that time of my life was usually spent inside or in town with friends.
 After seeing that, I went into town to see my high school. While there I remembered Oberweis Dairy. Some of the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream ever! Not a healthy lunch, but delicious!
 Then it was off to the mall, our favorite hang out spot! I got a boba from the same place that I first ever tried one. Still as delicious as I remember! I also grabbed some gifts for my kids from the Disney store and looked at mine and my friends old jobs.
After the mall, I went to see Taylor's new house and hang there for a bit. A simple day, but that's what I like! The next day it was time to fly home. As fun as it was feeling like I was back in high school, I missed my family and was glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment