Thursday, March 19, 2009

Holidays!

Ok, I think it's about time for a new post from me!!

First off, Pi Day this year was great! For those of you who don't know, Pi Day is a math holiday. Since the numerical definition of Pi is 3.141592653.... the Pi Day holiday lands on March(3) 14th! So to celebrate, I made chocolate pudding pie!

A big group of friends from our club also set up to go laser tagging, and that was a lot of fun as well.


The other big holiday recently was Saint Patrick's Day!!! If you know me well enough, you know I love to totally deck out in green, and this year was no different! I started the day by getting up a little early in order to make some green clover-shaped pancakes for my hubby and me!

It's kind of hard to see the green once they're cooked, but that's ok. After cleaning up from breakfast, I got dinner set up to cook throughout the day.
That's right! I made corned-beef and cabbage for the first time! It's been quite a while since I last had it because my mom has always been out of town for "birthday week" and I didn't know how to make it before, nor did I have the time, but this year I made sure I wasn't going to miss out again. Plus, Lee had never had it before and I needed him to try it.

We also had a couple guests come over to enjoy the meal with us. Will, Néna, Brett, and Marshall all came over.
Everyone was excited to dig in and start eating. They all complimented me for cooking and said it was delicious, especially since it was my first time ever cooking it. Personally, I thought the meat was too chewy, but everyone else loved it.

Lastly, for those of you who are curious, here are some pics of just how green I was this year!
Overall Pic of me in my outfit

I also had two green pins on my pants, since the pants themselves aren't green


You can't really see it, but I have green eye-shadow as well


complete with nail polish, even though Lee hates it


That's right, I own green shoes

This was something new I got this year, a green clip in hair thing

No comments:

Post a Comment