
That's right, I broke the rules by going ice skating. How is ice skating breaking the rules? It's too dangerous for this wonderful bundle on it's way!
This was this past Wednesday! It was my first doctor visit and we got to go home with baby's first photo! Our baby is about an inch and a half at 10 weeks and has a strong heartbeat. Hearing that little heart going really helped me to feel that our baby was real. Even though I know I'm pregnant, a lot of time I don't FEEL pregnant. I've only had a little nausea, but that hasn't been bad, so my mom says I'm breezing through it.Last Sunday was when we finally broke the news to my family. We were already planning on telling them that Sunday, then they asked us to cook for them. It was perfect and we quickly made a new plan to announce our baby to them.
My family knows how much Lee and I enjoy Asian food and we had just had a party for Chinese New Year where we learned to make onigiri (rice balls) so we decided to make that for them, but with our own special touch.
And here's a close up of our diaper shaped rice ball for my mom. After we had finished making the rice balls, we covered them with a towel so that my family wouldn't know until we were ready to show them. After the prayer I said that my mom got to go first. She thought it was just because she never gets to go first, but I told her we had a special rice ball for her and put it on her plate. It's hard to tell that it's a diaper, so I had to tell her about the shape, then I unzipped the hoodie I was wearing to reveal my first maternity purchase, which is a black t-shirt that says "Geek Inside" right over the belly. My mom gave me a big hug and we both cried for a bit before getting hugs from the rest of the family and seeing the excitement of everyone.So with my pregnancy, there are now four total kids coming into my side and Lee's side of the family. This is going to be nice because I know that our child with have about four cousins around their age to play with. Three being the ones being born this year and the fourth being Bennett, because he'll only be about a year older.
On a side note, I realize it's going to be very easy to keep my New Year's resolution of blogging at least once a month now that I'm going to have a little one that I'll want to share every cute thing they do. I'll also be wanting to know what others think the gender is when we get close to that time, as well as opinions on names, but until then you'll just have to deal with hearing about the pregnancy and how I'm dealing with it.
EDIT: Lee's says that I should point out... I never fell while ice skating. I promise I am not trying to do reckless things with our baby. I also forgot to mention our due date. It's September 28th at the moment... you never know when the baby will want to come for sure.




Congratulations you guys! I'm very excited for you, got to love those little fall babies! Hope the pregnancy goes well!
ReplyDelete