Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Menu Board

I've never been good about meal planning and I feel bad that Lee does most of the cooking. While on Pinterest one day I saw a great idea to help with meal planning and I finally made one of my own!
 
 
I bought a 12x12 frame, some scrapbook paper and clothespins. I painted the clothespins to match my color scheme and hot glued them to the glass of the frame. The boxes on the right are from a rice pilaf box from dinner that day. I just cut it in half and covered it with scrapbook paper. The top box is the meals I haven't used yet and the bottom box is where I put the meals from this week. That way I can rotate through my meals and not eat the same thing all the time. The hardest part was figuring out how to print to index cards. On the front I wrote the name of the meal and on the back I have a list of ingredients. That way I can pick the meals for the week, then flip on the paper and make sure I have everything I need. It was so much easier grocery shopping because I knew exactly what the get and I knew I had meals, not just snacks. I also have extra index cards so that as I acquire new favorite meals I can add them to my menu board.

1 comment: