Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chalk

With my in-laws prepping to move to Utah in a few weeks they've been going through they're stuff and deciding what's worth keeping. We went to visit and they had a little bit to give to us. One of the things they weren't planning on keeping was a small sour cream container of sidewalk chalk. We took it home and I didn't know when we'd get around to using it, but Ty decided today that it'd be a great Sunday activity. After begging for a little while, I grabbed a blanket and we headed outside. I set the blanket to the side of the walkway up to our place and let Ty have fun. The first thing he did was try to eat the chalk. Quickly I told him no, then said "color". Ty understood that and tested out a piece on the sidewalk. I showed him a few strokes and then he knew it was fine and had a blast drawing next to Mommy and Daddy.
 


He's been rather "hoppy" lately so I decided to draw a little hopscotch area and showed him what to do. He thought it was funny and quickly followed along. It was so cute watching him doodle and jump around. It's simple family moments like this that make me the happiest.



As usual, if you can't see the full thing, you can double click and it will take you to Youtube to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! So glad you enjoyed it! I agree...simple pleasures are the best! Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete